updated at 12noon 10/22/16
Despite last night's heavy rain, Concord-Carlisle grass and turf fields are still open!
For specific practice field information, please click here.
For your reference:
CCYS Weather Policy
The CCYS website is the best place to check field status. We will provide updates by 7:30 am and again at noon.
For travel teams:
- At home on grass – if the fields are closed games will need to be rescheduled
- At home on turf – games on the CCHS Turf or Memorial Field are likely to be played
- Away games – please reach out to coaches for host team to confirm status of away fields
For in-town teams:
- If the fields are closed, the games will be cancelled or rescheduled as agreed upon by the coaches for both teams
- If the fields are open, each AGD should make a decision about the suitability for the age group to play in weather and field conditions
- If the AGD does not cancel the games, coaches can mutually agree to not play
Thunder & Lightning
If you hear thunder or see lightning – even distant lightning, play must be immediately suspended.
- Field should be immediately cleared and all present should seek shelter in a building or inside a vehicle
- No one should be permitted to stand under or near a tree, and no one should be near poles, antennae, towers or underground watering systems
- Team must wait 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or last flash of lightning to resume play